Content Strategy Success in 5 steps.
We at eDigital, we are advocates of Content Strategy for many years. Content and personal experiences are the best way to:
- Create relationships with customers
- Be able to have a compelling argument to take our customers time.
- Optimise all our communication results. With proper content, your brand will be able to generate visits, commentary and shares as no other medium can.
Content Strategy Success in 5 steps.You START with your business goals and objectives. TALK about these goals with your content strategist. Your content strategist will then oversee this process:
- Content Audit: This is to discover what content you already have. This is usually content that’s live online, but can cover other types of content, such as print brochures and whitepapers.
- Content Analysis: I like to call this a sniff test. Is all of this content relevant? Does it align with your current goals? Is it up to date? Also, what’s missing?
- The Plan: This is where your content strategist will collaborate with other key players — such as SEO experts, usability managers, and marketing managers — and create content recommendations for you. This may also include guidelines and a core messaging document.
- Execution: Of course, you can’t stop at #3. You need a process, schedule, and resources to make the plan happen. Your content strategist can help oversee the execution, point you to resources, and even get the content created for you.
- RESULTS! It’s important to check in regularly to ensure your content is still doing what it’s supposed to — across all platforms. If you have a content manager and a Web analyst on staff, you’re in great shape. Take these results and information learned and …